Web development technologies have evolved drastically in the past few years. The technologies which were trending a few years back have now become obsolete. For instance, technologies such as Node and Angular.js are opted worldwide for web development currently.
According to the recent survey by Stack Overflow, both Angular and Node.js are widely used languages for web development.
What is Node.js?
Node.js is an open-source server framework that runs on a plethora of platforms such as Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and Unix.
Here are the key features of Node.js framework:
- Open Source: Node.js is free of cost and open-source for anyone to download and use.
- Enhanced Performance: Node.js developers are free to perform non-blocking operations, which boost the performance of web applications.
- Unit Testing: Node.js has a significant unit testing called Jasmine with which developers can test written code without much effort.
- Scalability: You can scale Node.js application both horizontally and vertically, which aids in improvising the performance.
What is Angular.js?
Launched by Google in 2009, Angular is an open-source, client-side framework. Angular.js is mainly used for building single-page applications and also applications that constitute separate functional layers.
One of the biggest advantages of using Angular is that it binds that utilizing Expressions. Furthermore, it extends HTML attributes with Directives, which in turn, help developers to add dynamic views to web apps.
Here are the key features of Angular.js:
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework: Angular is integrated with easy-to-use and dynamic MVC framework, which makes it easier for Angular developers to build a client-side web application.
- Model-View-Whatever architecture: Angular also comprises of MVW architecture, which remodels and manipulates DOM to update behavior and data.
Difference Between Node.js and Angular.js
As you have read above, various aspects show the differences in Node.js and Angular. Both Node.js and Angular have got their set of benefits for web application development.
The Angular framework is designed to create structured applications for both mobile and desktop platforms. In addition to this, Angular is an ideal framework for building dynamic web applications.
Node.js framework is designed for building web servers and web applications that can be scaled depending upon the future needs.
2. Installation & Deployment:
3. Core Architecture;
4. Programming Language:
Both Angular and Node support a wide range of programming languages.
And as paradigms are concerned, Angular supports functional, event-driven and object-oriented programming paradigms. In contrast to this, Node.js supports event-driven, functional, sub programming and concurrency-oriented paradigms.
5. Use cases:
Angular allows developers to build interactive, client-side web applications, which is why the framework is used by developers all around the globe today.
In a nutshell
Angular is a client-side framework and Node.js is a run-time environment.
This means that you can create exceptional isomorphic applications by integrating Angular and Node.js framework. In fact, both of these frameworks can be combined for the Mean Stack Development. Though this process is a bit tricky and you require professional Node.js and Angular developer to ensure that integration is done in the right way.
Originally published at https://graffersid.com on February 13, 2020.